Thursday, April 22, 2010

Boycotting Dunkin Donuts



     Saying that people are pretty crazy when it comes to their coffee is an understatement. People are dedicated to a certain brand, and want their coffee just the way they want it.  It used to annoy me being stuck behind a person in Dunkin Donuts who wanted a half decaf/half French Vanilla Iced Coffee with a Splenda.  I would just think, "really".  
    Who the hell am I to judge a person on how they want their coffee?  If they want a Hazenut with breast milk, give it to them.  There are not to many places where a person can get exactly what they want for $2.75.
     My sudden enlightenment aside, I am going to be boycotting Dunkin Donuts for awhile.  I am a Dunkins fan, something that coffee aficionados have and will continue to judge me for.  However, I can not walk around with an Iced Coffee that looks like this:


I can not go through with it.  I bought one yesterday on my way to get some school work done.  The weather was nice, I had the windows down on the ride, a little sample of what summer was going to be like.  Get my Blice (black,iced) French Vanilla and as I am leaving the store, I encounter some former students of mind who are also enjoying April vacation.  One of them commented on my sox apparel, and I died a little bit.  Why is there no Yankee equivalent of the Red Sox cup?  Who knows?  There will be plenty of Starbucks for me this summer. 

No comments: